|From the Fairfield-Grace 1992-1993 Church Directory|
|The Fairfield Methodist Church was established in June, 1956, meeting in Fairfield Woods Junior High School. The Reverend Arch Tremayne was pastor at the church’s inception until his retirement in September, 1956.Construction began on a new church June 8, 1958. One year later, the “Ground Breaking Ceremony” was held with the congregation marching from the school to the site accompanied by the Fairfield Woods School Band playing “Onward Christian Soldiers.” A Color Guard from Boy Scout Troop #88 led the procession. The Reverend Donald S. Stacey officiated at the ceremony.
Grace Methodist Church of Bridgeport joined the Fairfield congregation on May 4, 1958. The name was changed to Fairfield-Grace Methodist Church to reflect our new combined strength. Wesley Methodist Church joined the congregation in 1961.
In 1967 a major addition (the Sanctuary and several Church School Rooms) was completed. The last major undertaking was the addition of the Allen Electronic Organ, dedicated in October 1983.
|Reverend Arch Tremayne||June 1956-||Sept 1956|
|Reverend Donald S. Stacey||Sept 1956-||1959|
|Reverend Ronald S. Law||1959-||1963|
|Reverend James S. Hood||1963-||1978|
|Reverend Douglas Osgood||1978-||1984|
|Reverend Edward Eastman||1984-||1988|
|Reverend Terry W. Pfeiffer||1988-||1992|
|Reverend Dr. Arthur McClanahan||1992-||May 2005|
|Reverend Peggy Fabrizio||June 2005-||June 2008|
|Reverend Kun Sam Cho||July 2008-||Present|
|Reverend John L. Waggy, Jr.||1961-||1963|
|Reverend Louis Leone||1967-||1971|
|Reverend Dennis Winkleblack||1971-||1974|
|Reverend David Sworin||1974-||1977|
|Reverend Thomas Hackett||1977-||1979|
|Reverend Reggie Roswell||1979-||1981|
|Reverend Arthur Yost||1981-||1984|
|Reverend Wayne Lavender||1984-||1986|
|Reverend Caroly R. Gibson||1986-||1992|